About us / Curriculum
The preschool program is designed to meet the needs of the whole child. The curriculum we offer includes spiritual development along with the six basic areas of early childhood development: Spiritual growth- learning that God loves and accepts each and every one of us for who we are, and learning to share that love and acceptance with others. Also enhancing spiritual development will be chapel time with the Pastor. We will also strengthen spiritual development through table time activities.
The six basic areas are:
1. Social/emotional development- learning to cooperate, share, take turns and express emotions as well as develop independent skills
2. Language development- learning to listen to others and to use language to communicate, emerging reading and writing skills.
3. Small motor development- small muscle groups of the hands involved in coloring, writing, stringing beads, cutting, and turning pages.
4. Conceptual development- concepts such as same and different, colors, sizes, shapes, introduction to numbers and letters.
5. Large motor development- large groups of muscles involved in running, skipping, swinging, and jumping, and riding trikes, bikes etc.
6. Self help skills- learning to be independent, clean up, button, and zip.
Guided by a belief in a caring, supportive, multicultural environment, our preschool staff will provide students with a broad range of educational opportunities to promote an early start for school success. We will strive to develop skills and provide opportunities which will enrich each child’s social, emotional, physical, cognitive, intellectual, and creative abilities.
Our mission at Peachtree City Christian Church Preschool is to provide a quality semi-structured educational program to preschool aged children in a loving Christian environment with an emphasis on academic and social development through an integrated curriculum.
Rachel Delacruz | Preschool Director
Rachel is our Preschool Director. She has been in this position for 2 years. Rachel is also the Children’s Minister at PTC3!| Connect
Nursery and Toddler Rooms
Emilee Baker | Nursery
This is Emilee’s first year working at the preschool!
Lauren Dix | Nursery
Lauren has been serving in several different roles at PTC3 Preschool for the past 9 years!
K2 – K4 Rooms
Connie Heath | K2 aide
Connie teaches in our K2 room. This is her first year at the preschool!
Tracy Pettigrew | K2
Tracy teaches our K2 room. She has been teaching at the Preschool since 1992!
Katy Warren | K3
Katy has been teaching at the Preschool for 4 years.
Jeanine Dillard | K3 aide
Jeanine is a teaching aide in the K3 Class. She has been teaching at PTC3 Preschool for 3 years.
Wendy Hartman | K3 aide
Wendy is a teaching aide in the K3 Class 2 days a week. She has been teaching at PTC3 Preschool for 2 years.
Ciara Smith | K4 aide
Ciara has been teaching at the Preschool for 3 years.
Theresa Krass | K4
Theresa has been teaching at the Preschool for 3 years.